Grafana data exporter
Exporting data from Grafana dashboard ¶
- Export any amount of data from Grafana dashboard in CSV form.
- Export data from any panel where you query metrics, not only Graph and Table.
- Running the exporting process in the background and working on the dashboard at the same time.
The tool is based upon @corpglory/tsdb-kit (also created by CorpGlory team), which provides a unified interface and the same output format for each datasource, such as field order and time units.
Imagine you have a Grafana dashboard with a nice metric and a query for it. If you want to use the same data that you receive via this query in any other case (import to another database, plot a new graph in any other tool, make a custom model for Hastic , etc.) - the simplest way would be to export your data to a .csv file. You can do it using a standard exporting tool, but on massive datasets, the dashboard can get overloaded. Standard exporting tool only can be used in Graph and Table panels < Grafana 7 version.
Currently supported datasources: ¶
We work on expanding this list. If you would like us to support any particular datasource - please let us know at email@example.com
The tool consists of 2 parts (click on the links to visit GitHub wiki pages):
- Grafana-data-exporter - exporter itself
- Grafana-data-exporter-panel - allows you to export data from any panel in your Grafana dashboard.
Video demo ¶
How it all started ¶
The project started with a request from Andrew Eberbach from Ebertech. He wanted a tool for exporting data from InfluxDB in the background, after delivery we extended the support to other datasources and made @corpglory/tsdb-kit.